Call me crazy, but I’m going to say that 2016 was a good year. Yeah sure a lot of crazy things happened, but crazy things happen all the time. Over all I am going to focus on my community, my family, my friends and my personal goals. When I do that, I realize that I am actually very fortunate and 2016 was a fantastic year. Here are some things that I have done:
- I published 10 blog posts. Which is actually less than the previous year (11). Certainly better than no blog posts, though. 📝
- I learned some things on the violin early in the year. Although I’ve had to put it down to focus on some other things, I still play it periodically. Still learning!🎻
- I’ve met some new musicians and jammed. 🎵
- I went on lots of bike rides with my wife and son. 🚴🏿♂️ We even trained for a half marathon, but unfortunately I sprained my foot/ankle and could not run the race.
- I’ve made significant progress on writing a full length album 💿
- In the last few months I recorded and mixed some music, which spells significant progress towards an EP 💽 (entirely separate from the “full length album” mentioned above).
Plenty of other things that I can’t quite talk about yet. Or maybe I should talk about them, I’m not sure. Maybe I should do one of those “IMDB” things where they post the movies that are going to be made over the next 3 years.
So, what do I want to do in 2017? I suppose I’d just like to do more of the same. More community, more music, more family, more working out, etc. Here are a few specific things I’d like to do:
- Release at least one respectable piece of music (fully mixed/mastered EP, CD, Single, or whatever) in the first half of the year.
- Play at least one live performance of my own music in the first half of the year
- Publish at least 12 blog posts
In a lot of ways, the pieces are in place and I just need to go for it. Consistently. Over time, things will come to be.